Celebrate your love of love (and coffee) with this raspberry mocha. Fresh raspberries and chocolate are the stars of the show, but the ESPRO BLOOM Pour Over is how the real magic happens.
Whether you decide to cozy it up on V-Day or hang out with friends for a Galentine’s Day brunch, our BLOOM Pour Over Brewing Kit is portable enough to take with you anywhere. And nothing gets more oohs and aahs like making a specialty coffee drink like our raspberry mocha.
The best part? It’s super easy. See for yourself.
Makes 2 servings
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee (coarsely ground if you’re not using a paper filter)
- 2 milk chocolate hearts (Psst: we like Dove’s)
- 6 raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder and raspberries for garnish
1. Start by placing 6 raspberries and chocolate hearts in the bottom of the carafe.
2. Next, place the ESPRO Bloom Pour Over on top of the carafe, and insert a pre-wet paper filter (only if you want to!) for quick cleanup.
3. Add your coffee grounds inside the paper filter and pour in 1.7 ounces of hot water that’s 195-205 degrees in a circular motion (Pro tip: A gooseneck kettle is perfect for this because you can control where the water goes more easily, and it’s a slower pour.).
4. Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom before adding the remaining 11 ounces of hot water. As the coffee drips down into the carafe, it’ll melt the chocolate.
5. Remove the BLOOM Pour Over by the lip (safety first!) and give the coffee a quick stir to make sure everything has dissolved before straining the coffee through a fine mesh sieve (gotta remove those raspberry seeds). Divide the coffee into two coffee cups. Add a splash of cream, then top with a big dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder and more fresh raspberries. Cheers to love!
For even more holiday coffee recipes, check out our White Mocha Peppermint Pour Over Coffee, Mexican Hot Chocolate Pour Over Coffee, White Russian Pour Over Coffee, and Sugar Cookie Pour Over Coffee posts.