Everyone knows coffee and cookies are the perfect pairing. But what about coffee that tastes like cookies? Even better!
Sugar cookies are a must on every holiday cookie platter, which inspired our recipe for a Holiday Sugar Cookie Pour Over Coffee. (Psst: Love holiday coffee drinks? Don’t forget to check out our White Mocha Peppermint Pour Over Coffee, Mexican Hot Chocolate Pour Over Coffee and White Russian Pour Over Coffee.
All of them feature our ESPRO BLOOM Pour Over. You know the one — the system that lets you brew barista-style coffee at home in 2 minutes. That means you can also make a killer holiday coffee drink in 2 minutes (yes, please!).
Whether you’re the hostess with the mostess or the best guest ever, making a holiday coffee drink is just as impressive as whipping out that fancy cocktail shaker.
Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla syrup or ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee (coarsely ground if you’re not using a paper filter)
- Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Start by placing the half-and-half, white chocolate chips, vanilla syrup and almond extract in the bottom of the carafe.
2. Next, place the ESPRO Bloom Pour Over on top of the carafe, and insert a pre-wet paper filter (only if you want to!) for quick cleanup.
3. Add your coffee grounds inside the paper filter and pour in 1.7 ounces of hot water that’s 195-205 degrees in a circular motion (Pro tip: A gooseneck kettle is perfect for this because you can control where the water goes more easily, and it’s a slower pour.).
4. Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom before adding another 11 ounces of hot water. As the coffee drips down into the carafe, it’ll mix with the half-and-half, white chocolate, vanilla and almond extract to warm everything up—and it smells amazing.
5. Remove the BLOOM Pour Over by the silicone lip (safety first!) and give the coffee a quick stir to make sure everything has mixed together before dividing your carafe of coffee into two coffee cups. Garnish with a big dollop of whipped cream and enjoy! Fun tip: To make this a snickerdoodle pour over coffee, add a few dashes of cinnamon to the carafe and as a garnish on top of the whipped cream.